Our MA focuses on the implications and applications of linguistic ideas.
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 12 months
- Fee national: $11,057
- Fee international: $21,788
- Duration: 24 months
You’ll explore key concepts in linguistic theory and the application of these theoretical perspectives in fields such as:
- language variation and change
- the use of language in a number of private, public and professional domains.
You’ll be trained in the many methodologies that can be used for language analysis. You’ll become an active member of a vibrant scholarly community and attend talks and numerous events. Our course prepares you to advance your career in a language-related profession, or to undertake a research degree.
- Our research quality in English and Drama was ranked in the top 10 in the UK in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- English at Sussex is ranked in the top 15 in the UK (The Guardian University Guide 2017, The Complete University Guide 2017 and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016) and in the top 100 in the world in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017.
- You will work with a close-knit team of active and dynamic researchers who are committed to teaching and your intellectual growth, and will study with colleagues from many parts of the world.
Most of our graduates have gone on to careers in education and education management, particularly relating to the teaching of primary language skills, English as a second or foreign language and bilingual education. Others go on to further study in linguistics and related fields, such as journalism, publishing, speech therapy and advertising.
An upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above in a linguistics, English language or modern languages degree with a significant linguistics component. Applicants from other disciplines and with relevant experience in the field of teaching will be considered but may be asked to produce/ submit a sample of academic writing (1,200-1,500 words) to prove they are able to cope with the demands of the MA. English language requirements: Higher level (IELTS 7.0, with not less than 6.5 in each section)
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!