We've designed this programme for teachers, teacher trainers and materials writers, researchers and administrators in the field of Foreign Language Teaching (particularly English as a Foreign Language).
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 12 months
- Fee national: $9,359
- Fee international: $21,230
More particularly, the programme aims to:
- Increase your awareness and knowledge of relevant areas of applied linguistics research and theory
- Help you to apply relevant applied linguistics research and theory to the practicalities of language teaching
- Assist you in developing a deeper understanding of current classroom methodology, as well as of current developments in testing, in course design and in materials development
- Increase your awareness and knowledge of the latest approaches to language analysis, and of their potential for application to language teaching.
Our academic staff have extensive experience of teaching internationally and working on projects and have active research interests and publications. Student feedback consistently indicates how much they appreciate our tutors’ friendly and patient support as well as their excellent academic and professional abilities.
Many graduates choose to enter careers such as teaching, publishing and journalism, or to work in the business sector, often in human resources, administration, marketing or sales. Successful alumni have gone on to teach English at elementary, secondary and tertiary levels in schools around the globe. A significant number of MA graduates have also continued their studies to PhD level.
Applicants should have a good first degree, usually in English, Linguistics or Education, but candidates who have studied other subjects may be considered. Teachers with more than one year relevant experience are eligible for this MA. If applicants do not have teaching experience they should apply for the MA in TESOL.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language, and are required to provide evidence of this. Qualifications accepted by the University include GCSE English; GCE O level English; AS Level English; A Level English Language; IELTS; TOEFL; Cambridge Proficiency etc. If you meet our other academic requirements but do not achieve the required level of English, it is possible to come and study at Liverpool on the University’s summer academic English programmes. The University's English Language Centre provides tuition and arranges IELTS tests.
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!