Carleton University offers three possible program paths to complete the Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies.
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 24 months
- Fee national: $7,155
- Fee international: $13,447
- Duration: 48 months
The three possible paths to complete the Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics & Discourse Studies are:
- Coursework Path: complete 5.0 credits in courses (normally 10 one-term courses);
- Research Essay Path: complete 4.0 credits in courses (normally 8 one-term courses) and write a 1.0 credit Research Essay (ALDS 5908);
- Thesis Path: complete 3.0 credits in courses (normally 6 one-term courses) and writing a 2.0 credit thesis (ALDS 5909);
- Professional ESL teacher certification option.
- Elective courses in the two fields can be combined according to one’s own research interests.
- Hands-on research.
The MA Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies can be chosen with specialization in:
- African Studies - Thesis and Research Essay MAs only
- Digital Humanities - ALDS, in conjunction with a new collaborating MA in Digital Humanities, offers a program designed to add value to the existing ALDS MA by offering courses focused on the rapidly growing field of digital humanities. Applicants must already be enrolled in ALDS MA and, upon completion of their degree, they will obtain an MA in ALDS with a designated concentration in Digital Humanities.
- A personal statement of goals and interests
- References from two academic referees
- Language Proficiency
- Your C.V. or resumé
- A sample of an academic paper
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!