The principle of language study established at Nottingham combines theoretical and ideological dimensions with practical applications; we aim to be rigorous and principled while offering an approach to language study that is fundamentally humane.
- Type: Distance learning
- Start: September, February
- Language: English
- Duration: 24 months
- Fee national: $11,871
- Fee international: $11,871
Facts about the programme:
- The MA courses by web-based distance learning build on the international reputation of the School of English at Nottingham as one of the foremost centres for English Language research in the world. We are ranked 7th for English in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015, in the world top 50 for English Literature, Language and Linguistics (QS World University Rankings 2014) and 9th in the UK for 'research power' (REF 2014).
- The course is taught using a course tool software called Moodle. It is also supported by extensive online resources, course materials and teaching.
- The programme offers an excellent route towards pursuing a PhD.
- This MA is convened in the Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics.
- As well as completing this course at a pace that suits you and your other commitments, you have the flexibility to study towards a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits), Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits) or an MA (180 credits, including dissertation). Please note that if you wish to study for a Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma you still need to apply for the full MA; you would then elect to leave the course with the alternative award (in Modern English Language) once studying.
We will help you develop your ability to research and process a large amount of information quickly, and to present the results of your research in an articulate and effective way. A postgraduate degree in English Studies from an institution like The University of Nottingham shows potential employers that you are an intelligent, hard-working individual who is bright and flexible enough to undertake any form of specific career training. Our applicants are among the best in the country, and employers expect the best from our graduates.
2.1(Upper 2nd class hons degree or international equivalent). Two years` approved teaching experience. IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.5 in any element) If these grades are not met, English preparatory courses are available
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!