The MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is aimed at graduate teachers and other English Language Teaching professionals with at least two years' English language teaching experience who wish to further their academic and professional development.
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 12 months
- Fee national: $10,083
- Fee international: $21,491
- Duration: 24 months
This degree will provide you with:
- A critical understanding of key issues and debates in many areas of applied linguistics and of how these relate to English Language Teaching.
- A body of knowledge that will enhance your ability to undertake language teaching at a range of levels in different cultural and institutional contexts.
- The ability to reflect, analyse and critically evaluate language teaching and learning concepts and theories, and to understand and examine the assumptions underlying different classroom practices.
- The skills to undertake effective practitioner research in your specific area of interest.
We are one of the longest established providers of postgraduate studies in Applied Linguistics and TESOL in the UK. On this course you will join teachers from all over the world. You will also benefit from our active involvement in research in different areas of Applied Linguistics and TESOL.
The field of English language teaching is increasingly competitive and many organisations see a Masters level qualification as an essential requirement. Many of our graduates go on to gain promotion in their existing jobs or to move on to more senior or challenging posts. This course is a powerful vehicle for both personal and professional development.
- At least a relevant second class honours degree - or its equivalent from a non-UK university (GPA 3.0 or above)
- You should normally be a teacher or working in the English Language Teaching field with two years’ teaching experience.
- IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with at least 6.0 in each component score. If your first language is not English, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. If you do not yet meet our requirements, our English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) offers a range of courses to help you to improve your English to the necessary standard.
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!