This course offers an advanced level professional qualification for practising and aspiring teachers of English and has been designed for both native and non-native English speakers.
- Type: On campus
- Start: October, February
- Language: English
- Duration: 12 months
- Fee national: $8,950
- Fee international: $15,365
- Duration: 24 months
Why choose this programme?
- Study a distinctive course with assessed teaching practice enabling you, with the relevant teaching experience, to gain British Council ‘TEFL Q’ (qualified) status and its associated career advantages
- Explore practical issues relevant to your own professional working environment with an optional Professional Practice unit, which could involve opportunities to gain teaching experience abroad
- Develop your understanding of how language systems can be taught, as well as theories of language teaching such as language acquisition and intercultural communication
- Gain from access to the expertise of CRELLA, our world-renowned Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment; nationally and internationally recognised as a leading UK-based centre for research into language learning and assessment
- Benefit from a course which gives you access to a range of careers in universities, colleges, and language schools in many countries; in ELT development and publishing; or further study at PhD level.
This MA in Applied Linguistics (TEFL) caters for those who want to develop their experience and research in a number of areas related to Applied Linguistics, particularly as it is specifically designed for those who are planning to become English Language teachers, those who wish to develop their knowledge and experience in L2 Materials Development and those who are looking to develop a critical insight into language assessment and testing.
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. For non-native speakers of English IELTS 6.5 overall, or equivalent, with no score lower than 6.0. A good first degree, and/or a recognised TEFL/TESOL certificate and/or relevant teaching experience. Students who hold a DELTA or equivalent qualification may be considered to have the teaching practice element of this course compensated for prior learning.
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!