Based on the state of the art in contemporary linguistic theory, the Master of Arts in English Language and Linguistics focuses on the structure, use and variability of the English language.
- Type: On campus
- Start: October
- Language: English
- Duration: 24 months
- Fee national: $690
- Fee international: $690
The program emphasizes present-day English but includes the essential stages in the historical development of the language. The use of digitized language corpora for linguistic description plays a major role, reflecting Freiburg's position as a leading international centre in corpus-linguistic research.
The Master of Arts in English Language and Linguistics is made up of modules. Each module can consist of a variety of course types, including seminars, lectures and tutorials – all focusing on a specific theme. The modules include both required and elective seminars. The course of study includes the following modules:
- Essentials of Modern English Structure
- Present-Day English: Regional, Social and Stylistic Variability
- Language Change and the History of English
- Discourse and Communication
- Psycholinguistics: Language Acquisition and Bilingualism
- Corpus Linguistics and Language Technology
- Schools of Thought in English Linguistics
- Practical Language Skills
- Research Techniques and Presentation I
- Research Techniques and Presentation II
- Research Techniques and Presentation III
Please contact the university for further information.
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!