The UBC Linguistics Department has high-quality and very lively graduate programs in linguistics.
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 24 months
- Fee national: $8,334
- Fee international: $13,647
Linguistics is the scientific study of human language. Linguists are interested in questions such as the following:
- What are the structural properties of languages, at the level of sounds, words, sentences, and meaning?
- To what extent are the languages of the world similar or different?
- How is language acquired, by children and in adulthood?
- How is it processed in the mind/brain?
- How do people produce and perceive speech?
- How do languages change over time?
Linguistics is a highly interdisciplinary field which combines research methods from the humanities and the social, natural, and mathematical sciences.
Applicants whose previous linguistics training was at the undergraduate level normally apply for admission to the M.A. program. Completion of the program usually takes two years, but after the first year, students interested in pursuing doctoral research can apply for a transfer directly into the second year of the Ph.D. program.
Please contact the university.
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!