This respected programme provides advanced understanding of current research in psycholinguistics: the study of how the brain learns, uses and reacts with humanity’s most advanced and characteristic feature: language.
- Type: On campus
- Start: September
- Language: English
- Duration: 12 months
- Fee national: $12,164
- Fee international: $25,737
- Duration: 24 months
The programme is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of current research in psycholinguistics, and is aimed primarily at students who are considering advanced research in the area. Students are actively encouraged to join in the activities of the Language, Cognition and Communication research group, and to collaborate with staff (many of whom are international experts in the field) and senior postgraduates. You will gain perspectives on the latest developments, and gain the necessary statistical and methodological skills to conduct your own novel research.
You will take two compulsory courses:
- Psychological Research Skills
- Univariate Statistics and Methodology using R
You will also choose six from the following:
- Discourse Comprehension
- Disorders of Language Functions
- Language Behaviours, Brains and Cognition: Data and Theories
- Language Behaviours, Brains and Cognition: Principles and Approaches
- Language Production
- Multivariate Statistics and Methodology Using R
- Sentence Comprehension
You will choose further courses, these include:
- Concepts and Categorisation
- Eye Movements and Visual Cognition
- First Language Acquisition
- Introduction to Phonology and Phonetics
- Introduction to Semantics
- Introduction to Syntax
- Origins and Evolution of Language
- Second Language Acquisition
- Simulating Language
This programme has been designed to help you progress your research career and offers a firm basis for further postgraduate study.
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in psychology, linguistics, cognitive science or a related subject. All applicants must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of their English language ability:
- An undergraduate or masters degree, that was taught and assessed in English in a majority English speaking country as defined by UK Visas and Immigration
- IELTS: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
- PTE(A): total 67 (at least 61 in each of the "Communicative Skills" sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Please keep in mind, we try to keep the information on fuyak.com as accurate as we can but we can't guarantee that all information is 100% correct. So always contact the universities.
How can we improve fuyak? Leave us a note!